[extropy-chat] Futurist priorities was ex-tropical

The Avantguardian avantguardian2020 at yahoo.com
Wed Mar 3 00:35:33 UTC 2004

--- Rafal Smigrodzki <rafal at smigrodzki.org> wrote:

> ### Ah, something like Germany? France? :-)

      Yeah... kind of like a cross between the two
countries without the stigma of either having lost two
world wars or having to be rescued from the loser of
two world wars. Only the men would have to bathe and
the women shave their armpits. Actually the closest
European approximation to the ideal state is something
of a cross between France and Germany. Switzerland-
their per capita GDP is just slightly less than the US
at $32,000. They have no appreciable poverty and
unemployment is very low.
    As an added bonus, every household in Switzerland
is issued an assault rifle by the government and
trained how to use it. Needless to say crime is very
low in Switzerland. I am pretty sure their health care
is better. It's too bad they are so very stringent
about their citizenship.

> -----------------------------------
> >      The real problem facing our country is that
> we
> > give companies (not individuals) way too much
> freedom.
> > Special interest controlled politicians are taking
> > away individual liberties and yet giving
> corporations
> > rights that put them above the law.
>
> ### You sound like somebody who never ran a
> business.

> ---------------------------
>

> ### Ah, so you are a protectionist, too.

      If it keeps food on the table of my fellow
Americans and educates their children then yes.

> ---------------------------------------
> ### Yes, your ideas are taken straight out of a
> communist manifesto. Greedy
> businessmen wantonly raping the world....

      How do you know that? I haven't told you any of
my ideas yet. All I have done is bitch about the way
things are done now. If being disillusioned with
corporate America is sufficient to be called a
communist no wonder they called the McCarthy hearings
a witchhunt.
     I was just curious, since you seem to know a
thing or two about biology. If you had to define the
economic relationship between the cells in the human
body, the distribution of resources such as oxygen,
glucose

=====
The Avantguardian

"He stands like some sort of pagan god or deposed tyrant. Staring out over the city he's sworn to . . .to stare out over and it's evident just by looking at him that he's got some pretty heavy things on his mind."