[extropy-chat] email strife

Robert J. Bradbury bradbury at aeiveos.com
Wed Mar 3 15:58:18 UTC 2004

On Wed, 3 Mar 2004, Emlyn ORegan wrote:

> I have a sneaking suspicion that I'm not seeing some of the list at the
> moment; apologies if you've replied to me and I haven't seen it.

There is a new virus going around though apparently it isn't quite as
bad as the 2 or 3 we had a couple of weeks ago.  But I think it is
slowing down the net -- accessing Google is taking me much longer.

The "Friends" episode that was on had Chandler working on Ross's
laptop.  Conversation was something along the lines of:
  Chandler: "I think I erased the hard drive."
  Ross sits down at the laptop: "Its gone there's nothing here.  What were you doing?"
  Chandler: "I was cleaning out my email."
  Ross (hysterically): "My speech was on this computer."
  Chandler: "Well don't you have a printout?"
  Ross (more hysterically): "No!   What exactly did you do?"
  Chandler: "I got a message that said 'pictures of Anna K' so I opened it."
  Ross: "You did *WHAT*!"

Had me ROTFL.  As Forrest Gump says -- "stupid is as stupid does".

> Hopefully I'll be getting a lot more spam, so I can start a new
> collection (I left my Nigerian email collection at my last job).
> Currently, I'm collecting V1agra, pseudo V1agra, P3nis enlargement, etc
> along those lines. Please feel free to forward it to me!

I've got *tons* of it -- about 256MB that I know where it is
but I can dig around probably get you more...  But I don't think
you *really* want me to start sending it to you.  :-)  Its all
gzipped so it might get past your filters and end up in your
inbox.

I'd bet we could recruit everyone on the ExI list to send you
all of their archived junk mail...  But I suspect whomever
you work for would *not* be very happy.  :-)

Robert