[extropy-chat] UC Berkeley researchersdevelopingroboticexoskeleton that can enhance human strengthand endurance

Patrick M Young patrick at bung.demon.co.uk
Sat Mar 6 15:54:48 UTC 2004

Silly me, for posting before reading all. The answer is hinted at in
summary.pdf, of course.

"The controller, based on measurements from the exoskeleton only, estimates
(i.e., computes very quickly)"

"This novel control scheme is quite elaborate, but it is an effective way to
create locomotion when the area of contact between the wearer and the
machine is unpredictable."

I wonder if this is something really new?

Rgds,

Patrick