[extropy-chat] Cryogenics Economics- Estate Tax deferral?

Mike Lorrey mlorrey at yahoo.com
Tue Mar 9 04:23:49 UTC 2004

--- "Extropian Agroforestry Ventures Inc." <megao at sasktel.net> wrote:
> I am from Canada where there are no taxes on estates except for a 3%
> probate fee for those who die intestate.
>
> If someone is cryopreserved in a state where regeneration is possible
> does one have to probate and dissolve  an estate.  If the cryonaut
> places all their assets into a pre-designed living-will managed trust
> (instructions put into place with various time and event determined
> contingencies pre-planned) which is not to be dissoved until a
> reanimation is done and the person is finally irreversible dead or
> else back to life,  can the government extract estate taxes?

WHen you place assets in a trust, those assets are not yours anymore,
so the government can't probate them.

> Is there sufficient tax deferral at stake that the government might
> seek to disallow
> cryogenic storage because it stands to defer today's taxes for
> perhaps 100 years into the future?

I doubt the government would even think of doing this unless a rather
large percent of the population started doing this.

=====
Mike Lorrey
Chairman, Free Town Land Development
                                       - Gen. John Stark