[extropy-chat] Re: Cryogenics Economics- Estate Tax deferral?

Christian Weisgerber naddy at mips.inka.de
Wed Mar 10 02:14:54 UTC 2004

natashavita at earthlink.net <extropy-chat at lists.extropy.org> wrote:

> Some cryonicists have considered, and I believe some have ,or at least had
> intended to, invested some of their money in bank(s) in a small country
> (can't remember which one) near Switzerland.

That sounds like the Principality of Liechtenstein, although I have
no idea whether the local banking law ...

> The bank(s) would allow money to remain in the "property" of the
> owner of the money while that same owner was legally pronounced
> dead.

... permits this--or rather enforces this, since the accounts of dead
people without claimants tend to disappear into the bank's own
assets otherwise.

(Liechtenstein, along with the other microstates of Andorra, Monaco,
San Marino, and the Vatican, is a holdover from before Europe was
consolidated into the modern nation states and thus is a curiosity
of sorts nowadays.  See Wikipedia for details on the country.)

Christian "naddy" Weisgerber                          naddy at mips.inka.de