[extropy-chat] "Cults such as the extropians see technology as unstoppable escalator to future prosperity, but ...."

The Avantguardian avantguardian2020 at yahoo.com
Thu Mar 11 00:19:55 UTC 2004

--- randy <cryofan at mylinuxisp.com> wrote:

> >From theregister.com:
>

> What do we do now? Cults such as the extropians see
> technology as the
> unstoppable escalator to future prosperity, but the
> rest of us are
> discovering that their utopian faith has caused
> graver problems than
> anyone expected.

What the hell is this guy talking about? How does
extropian technophilia have anything to do with the
exportation of tech jobs offshore? That's about
corrupt corporations dictating economic policy and
nothing to do with extropianism or technology. Take a
deep breath and repeat after me:
There is no such thing as bad publicity.
There is no such thing as bad publicity.
There is no such thing as bad publicity.

=====
The Avantguardian

"He stands like some sort of pagan god or deposed tyrant. Staring out over the city he's sworn to . . .to stare out over and it's evident just by looking at him that he's got some pretty heavy things on his mind."