[extropy-chat] new sports again

Spike spike66 at comcast.net
Fri Mar 12 05:04:37 UTC 2004

> Daniel Matthews:
> He was mauled by a giant wombat that was owned by a bloke who
> was angry with Mel...

Must have been a combat wombat.

{8^D

I've been missing in action for the past few weeks, but
that means I have a bunch of new ideas to post that have
been storing up in my brain and fermenting.

Last Saturday I was at the Daytona 200 watching the
bikes scream past.  It started me thinking about a
topic I have posted before: our sports are so mature
that they have become boring, even the thrilling ones
like motorcycle racing.  We need new sports.  Tomorrow
morning I am heading out to Barstow Taxifornia to
watch the robot races.  Wouldn't it be cool to rig
motorcycles to race themselves around a track like
they have at Daytona?  Would not thousands of yahoos
pay good money to watch robobikes race?  All racing
strategies that we know would need to be rethought.
That would be kewallllll!  {8^D

Check this out, videos of a robo-bike:

http://www.ghostriderrobot.com/videos.htm

That video of the bike balancing while standing still,
is this wicked cool or what?

We need new games.  Robofootball?  Robopolo?