[extropy-chat] new sports again

Spike spike66 at comcast.net
Fri Mar 12 05:55:26 UTC 2004

Just think of this: you know the geeks would
pay good money to watch robots play the tired
old sports, football, soccer, basketball, baseball,
motorcycle racing.  I would.  So why not polo?
The very idea of mechanical devices riding horses
has a wacky coolness about it, a kind of ironic
twist, right?  We have people riding machines,
so why not machines riding horses?  Im sure the
PETA people wouldnt care for the idea a damn
bit, but it would hafta be fun to watch.  To help
the mechanical riders see the ball (or puck?) they
could make it of something radioactive such as...
polonium.  {8^D