[extropy-chat] Enough of Spengler, here's a joke

Spike spike66 at comcast.net
Fri Mar 12 07:12:51 UTC 2004

> natashavita at earthlink.net
> Subject: [extropy-chat] Enough of Spengler, here's a joke
>
> Oh, what the hell.  Enough of Spengler :-)
>
> Everyone has a photographic memory. Some just don't have film.

I have a photographic memory.  Not only that, it creates
digital photographs.  Unfortunately it has only one pixel.
The resulting JPEGs compress very nicely.  But they are
kinda boring.

If a horse gets a severe muscular cramp, does he have a Charleyhuman?

If we get robo-bike racing at Daytona, what would they
spray all over the place instead of champaign on the
winner's podium?  WD-40?

Or what if there were robopolo matches and the horses
started bucking the robots off their backs, but the
programmers and coded their machines that when the
machine is bucked off the horse, they climb right back
on the horse.  This could go on for days.

This DARPA grand challenge robot race Saturday is sponsored
by the US military, and you know what they must have in
mind: to eventually replace most of the soldiers with
robots.  Even so, military tradition must be honored of
course, so if most of the students at the academy are robots,
how will they haze each other?

If we have segway tug-of-war with bikinis tied together
in back and the sport is eventually dominated by robo-riders,
would it still have the same...  same what?  Would we put
Luddites in the gak pit?

Who is Spengler?  Does he ride horses?