[extropy-chat] NASA Develops System To Computerize Silent Speech

Mike Lorrey mlorrey at yahoo.com
Mon Mar 22 01:10:38 UTC 2004

--- David Lubkin <extropy at unreasonable.com> wrote:
> Giu1i0 Pri5c0 wrote:
>
> >NASA scientists found that small, button-sized sensors, stuck under
> >the chin and on either side of the 'Adam's apple,' could gather
nerve
> >signals, send them to a processor and then to a computer program
that
> >translates them into words.
snip...
> If true, the ripples are significant. Combine with the research on
> non-invasive medical remote sensing and one could monitor someone's
> thoughts without their permission. We may need the human equivalent
> of Tempest shielding before too long.

Nah, I doubt it, though it is highly useful for eliminating that
annoying cell phone chatter, esp when driving around with other people.
It also is an excellent technology for voice control of PDA/wearables.
If you can convert the technology so that it converts the electrical
nerve signals into photonic signals, Tempest buggers won't even be able
to tap into the Van Eck signals of these pick-up devices.

=====
Mike Lorrey
Chairman, Free Town Land Development
                                       - Gen. John Stark