[extropy-chat] Neural Engineering

Rik van Riel riel at surriel.com
Mon Mar 22 02:31:54 UTC 2004

On Thu, 18 Mar 2004, Robert J. Bradbury wrote:

> I.e. if one has information that may relate to past or future
> damage to society or individuals within the society is it
> reasonable to "rape" such information from ones mind?

"Do not think about a pink elephant..."

How easy it would be to direct people's thoughts in a certain
direction.  Especially when you tell them what they've been
arrested for, which every decent country seems to be doing.

Of course people will be thinking about whatever they've been
talked to about for the last hours or even days.  I don't see
how this kind of tool would be useful for detective work...

Rik