[extropy-chat] Christopher Reeve Foundation: Request

Natasha Vita-More natasha at natasha.cc
Mon Mar 22 15:44:12 UTC 2004

At 01:44 PM 3/20/04 -0800, Reason wrote:

> >Today the religious terrorist gangs are gaining more and more
> >control.  Bush wants to see them broken up and destroyed.
>
>Aside from the one he belongs to. You know, the one that's laying down
>policies that have already set up a future in which an order of magnitude
>more death and suffering will occur than any third or fourth generation
>military force can aspire to. Five years of setback in regenerative medicine
>multiplied by the number of people who suffer from incurable diseases and
>die every day - that's the cost right now that our future selves must
>suffer. War and terrorism are very minor concerns compared to medical
>research, application and regulation legislation.

I am concerned with the fact that the terrorism is strongly related to
terrorist gangs - all of them - and disease death is acceptable in its
"natural" in its cloaked disguise  The most deviant terrorist in the world
is death - no matter how it is packaged.  The fact that it is
"premeditated" in the courtroom may hold greater significance in the future
looking back at human war crimes.

BTY, if David is reading this:  as a very strong and in-you-face visual
metaphor, obesity is a direct defiant on health and superlongevity.

best,
Natasha