[extropy-chat] Altered genes let roundworms wiggle longer

Reason reason at longevitymeme.org
Mon Mar 22 20:32:50 UTC 2004

http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi?f=/c/a/2004/03/22/BUG4E5OBTG1.DTL
> > If humans are like worms, we may be closer to living
> > considerably longer  lives than most people realize.
>
> This is so tiresome. Humans are *not* like worms. These worms have a
> programmed dauer phase which the genetic manipulations modify. We don't.
>
> http://www.biotech.missouri.edu/Dauer-World/index.html
>
> http://www.biotech.missouri.edu/Dauer-World/Aging/Agingmenu.html

It wasn't a bad article overall - much more positive than the average fair.
The author is fairly new to the small circle of journalists who write
sensibly about this topic. The more the merrier in my book and he should be
encouraged. Feel free to send him your constructive comments directly.

http://www.literati.net/Duncan/

Reason
Founder, Longevity Meme