[extropy-chat] gays can be fired for being gay

Rik van Riel riel at surriel.com
Sat Mar 27 03:21:06 UTC 2004

On Wed, 24 Mar 2004, Mike Lorrey wrote:

> Considering I was once fired by a US subsidiary of the French National
> Railway for being Libertarian, I'm asking why you are surprised?

Not surprised at all.  US democracy is more and more
resembling the parabel of 3 wolves and 1 sheep voting
what's for dinner.

> One more example of liberals whining when their own ox is being gored,
> but cheering along the gestapo when it serves their needs.

Since you've already pointed out that anybody could be the
proverbial sheep, I'm not sure you should be so enthusiastic
when you can be a wolf this time.

Taking away each other's rights in turns will leave us all
robbed of our rights.  Better spend our efforts trying to
increase (or at least preserve) each other's rights, so we
all end up better in the end.

Rik