[extropy-chat] Christianity (Was Transhumanism: Social Equality and Politics)

Zero Powers zero_powers at hotmail.com
Sat Mar 27 19:23:42 UTC 2004

Robert, the issues you raise with the development of the Christian canon are
precisely what started me down the road to conversion.  About 10 years ago I
was an evangelical christian and came across The Jesus Seminar's "The
Complete Gospels"
http://westarinstitute.org/Polebridge/Title/Complete/complete.html

Which introduced me to the works of the Jesus Seminar.  It wasn't long after
reading some of their excellently researched and written books (including
"Honest to Jesus," "The Acts of Jesus," and "The Historical Jesus") that my
conversion began.  I went from being a Christian, to an agnostic, to (now)
an atheist.

I checked out the PBS website to see what I could find on the show you
mentioned and here it is:
http://www.pbs.org/wgbh/pages/frontline/shows/religion/story/emergence.html

-Zero