[extropy-chat] Feynman on Freud?

Alan Eliasen eliasen at mindspring.com
Tue Mar 30 18:09:52 UTC 2004

Damien Broderick wrote:
> I'm away from my library right now, and need to refresh my memory.
> Anyone able to tell me what Richard Feynman thought of
> Freud/psychoanalysis? A book reference would be dandy. Thanks.

   Remember that Feynman was given a psychiatric deferral from the Army after
his psychological exam.  He was a bit annoyed by questions like "how much do
you value life?" and answered "sixty-four."

   More details in "Surely You're Joking, Mr. Feynman".  Also in Richard
Gleick's "Genius."

--
  Alan Eliasen                 | "You cannot reason a person out of a
  eliasen at mindspring.com       |  position he did not reason himself