[extropy-chat] Re: Nano-assembler feasibility - politics meta

Brett Paatsch bpaatsch at bigpond.net.au
Wed Mar 31 08:07:11 UTC 2004

Chris,

Sorry for the still delayed response.

So far I am in near complete agreement with Hal's comments
on this topic, not just in his first post but in his subsequent
discussion with you. A nice surprise given the esoteric nature
of the topic.

Because, like you, I saw merit in the ideas therein, at one stage
or another I have read most of the works that you seem to
regard as prerequisites for understanding what you see as an
extemely important topic. Hal seems to have done the same
and indeed seems to be making essentially the same points
to you that I would make only he is making them faster and
from a platform of a having a better understanding of the detail.

I still plan to respond (I've just gotten a bit sidetracked).

Regards,
Brett

PS: The put money where mouth is idea is neat (and a nice
way at getting at quantifying) but think it would just a third
uncertainty - of payment ;-)