[extropy-chat] who wants to be a millionaire?

scerir scerir at libero.it
Thu May 13 07:13:22 UTC 2004

<After nanotech arrives, you are probably in the Singularity era,
when I doubt if oldtime investment theory and schemes
will still apply.
BillK>

It seems, to me, we'll see (ir)rational exuberances,
and (ir)rational depressions, of the kind here below
http://www.econ.yale.edu/~shiller/data/ie_data.htm ,and
probably much worse, well before the nanotech era.

<But if *everyone* is a millionaire, or a multi-millionaire,
what are a few million worth?
Damien B.>

If you read the chart above you'll realize that - before
the nanotech or the attotech era - millionaire is who
is really able to avoid those (ir)rationals. They are not
many.

s.