[extropy-chat] Re: [wta-talk] Seeking donors

Giu1i0 Pri5c0 pgptag at gmail.com
Tue May 25 13:28:35 UTC 2004

I just sent 50 bucks to Michael via Paypal. If 120 transhumanists on
the lists do the same, it will cover Michael for one year, so I hope
many will consider following this example.
I rarely donate money, in this case I have made an exception in view
of Michael's outstanding achievements at a very young age.  I do not
donate money frequently because I don't have enough money to support
all the things that I would like to support. So even if it would be a
very nice thing if we were able to support all transhumanists in need
of support, I don't think we can.
Therefore I wish to urge Michael and others to think of ways of
converting transhumanist advocacy into something you can make a living
with. There are some markets worth exploring: grants from government
and foundations wishing to explore new perspectives on forthcoming
changes, movie makers wishing to develop believable scenarios for
futuristic movies, etc.
One of the best examples I know of creative public funding is:
http://itsf.org/index.php?PAGE=project%2Findex.html
On the basis of this example and others I believe that the kind of
skills of which we have plenty in the transhumanist community could be
successfully applied to developing some kind of innovative business
scheme. I am developing some ideas along these lines, feel free to
write to me if you want to discuss them.
G.