[extropy-chat] Life is good...

Robert J. Bradbury bradbury at aeiveos.com
Fri May 28 23:07:55 UTC 2004

Well there are simply some days that I'm so impressed that
I can hardly contain myself.

On the one hand there are two robotic machines crawling around
on another planet in the solar system.  And they have been
doing this for four months!

And on the other hand you have Cassini about to enter orbit
around Saturn.  And it was launched in 1997!

And last but not least some people in the Congo have discovered
a mushroom that is a yard (meter) across and 45 centimeters
(1.5 feet) high [1].  I have no doubt that the sequencing
of its genome will be added to the current priority list.

There are days when one really needs to sit back and
appreciate how extropic humanity may indeed be.

R.

1. http://story.news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=story&cid=570&ncid=753&e=5&u=/nm/20040527/sc_nm/congo_mushroom_dc