[extropy-chat] Popular Luddism

Giu1i0 Pri5c0 pgptag at gmail.com
Mon May 31 16:54:05 UTC 2004

True enough, but when science makes one's life personally easier, it
is not called science anymore. It becomes something so embedded in the
texture of everyday life that you take it for granted without thinking
twice,
Most people do not like going to the dentist. They think it is
annoying but do not even imagine how it was a few centuries ago when
rotten teeth were literally pulled out of people's mouths without
anesthetics. We owe to science the fact that these days going to the
dentist is a tolarable experience, but sometimes we tend to forget
this.
Once when children left home to migrate to another part of the world,
you knew you would probably never see them or hear from them again.
Now they are a phone call away, and you can go see them in a few
hours. And of course, we owe this to science. We could continue for
hours...
If only everyone would see this.