[extropy-chat] DUMBOIDS

scerir scerir at libero.it
Tue Nov 2 07:41:32 UTC 2004

[D.B.]
> this is a broccoli-like universe <snip>
> or
> this is a musical universe <snip>
> or
> this is a sheep-like universe <snip>

[Sean]
> Lemme guess....roast lamb with broccoli,
> accompanied by Bach? No fava beans?

Also. But, essentially, it is a "tutti frutti"
universe :-)

According to Carroll and Chen (hep-th/0410270)
observers in the very far past of our universe
will also detect an arrow of time, but one that
will be reversed from ours with respect to
some (completely unobservable) global time
coordinate throughout the entire spacetime.
Both sets of observers will think of the others
as living in their "past". As in other models
of eternal inflation, the future history of
spacetime takes on a fractal structure of
ever-increasing volume. A similar structure is
found in a time-reversed sense in the far past.

(Not to mention Multiverses and Many-Minds!).

[Walter]
> If human beings came from a big bang of the universe,
> it's really very possible that there was already
> some consciousness at the big bang or when there were
> just non-living things.

A big bang?

"A society which accepts the idea
that the origin of the cosmos
could be explained in terms of an explosion,
reveals more about the society itself,
than about the universe."
- Carl Friedrich Freiherr von Weizsaecker

A conscious big bang?

"It is absurd to suppose that purpose
is not present because we do not observe the agent
deliberating. Art does not deliberate. If the
ship-building art were in the wood, it would produce
the same results by nature. If, therefore, purpose
is present in art, it is present also in nature.
The best illustration is a doctor doctoring himself:
nature is like that."
- Aristotle

Tutti Frutti (1955)

A-bop-bop, a-loo-mop, a-lop-bop-bop