[extropy-chat] LP NH:The Wrath-tionality of Kahn

BillK pharos at gmail.com
Wed Nov 3 17:28:42 UTC 2004

On Tue, 2 Nov 2004 10:58:48 -0800 (PST), Mike Lorrey wrote:
> For those of you nay-sayers, the NH Public Radio exit poll has
> Libertarian Rich Kahn getting 11% of the vote in the 2nd district
> congressional race. This is the best showing of any Libertarian in NH
> history for a federal election, and shows that we can play with the big
> dogs if we get organized and work together in a positive, rational, and
> mature manner.
>
> It appears that Rich's success is coming at the Democrats expense
> (despite the conventional wisdom). Paul Hodes exit poll results show
> him getting only 29% of the vote, while Charlie Bass, the perpetual
> rubber fish of NH politics, continues to repel the competition with a
> solid majority of the vote. This achievement is in keeping with our
> goal of turning the Democrats into a third party if they continue to
> attack us, rather than working with us on common issues.

I see the final results are:
 Charles F. Bass * (R)	191,031 	59%
 Paul Hodes (D)	          123,393 	38%
 Richard Kahn (Lib.)	   11,258       3%

So you managed to get 11,258 to vote Lib. This is probably still a
record for the Lib party, but rather far from turning the Dems into a
third party.

Looks like your objective of 20,000 Libs moving to NH will be too
small on its own to change the state politics. I think you have quite
a few more years of persuasion ahead of you yet.

BillK