[extropy-chat] Aw Nuts! Bush Wins...

Mike Lorrey mlorrey at yahoo.com
Wed Nov 3 21:31:18 UTC 2004

--- Samantha Atkins <sjatkins at gmail.com> wrote:

> Quite a mouthful to read into a simple statement, Mike.   I
> personally
> only presume that those with good reasons for their opinions are
> superior to those without as good reasons.   I also  that justifying
> great gobs of misery and waste of life and fortune with lies is
> clearly and cleanly wrong.   That has nothing to do with education
> level.    What are you of all people doing trotting out the old
> rotten business of class distinctions anyway?

I didn't, Amara did talking about how all of her academia friends are
so anti-Bush. You try to trot out that your opinion and those of your
friends is better because you are so well educated, you are declaring
your own superiority and elitism. You distinguish yourself with your
own statements. My giving your class a name you don't like isn't making
class distinctions. You can't have your cake and eat it....

=====
Mike Lorrey
                                      -William Pitt (1759-1806)