[extropy-chat] Immigrate to Europe

Rik van Riel riel at surriel.com
Thu Nov 4 02:46:42 UTC 2004

On Wed, 3 Nov 2004, Brian Lee wrote:

> This isn't as a response to the recent election, but something I've been
> thinking about for years.

I can recommend living in other countries.  I grew up in
the Netherlands, lived in Brazil for three years (and met
my wife there), and currently we're living in the USA.

Yes, government is messed up everywhere.  Blame the
politicians.  I've found all the places where I lived
to be good places to live, though.  The people are all
friendly (in their own way, different in each culture)
and living in different cultures has helped me understand
the world a lot better than I could have otherwise.

Rik