[extropy-chat] No Joy in Mudville

Giu1i0 Pri5c0 pgptag at gmail.com
Thu Nov 4 07:14:24 UTC 2004

Olga, I couldn't agree more on what you say here, but the fact is, he has won.
And I don't think this depends too much on the money his camp could
spend on the campaign: for what I have seen, the networks were
saturated with advertisement from both camps.
Perhaps we will just have to acknowledge that for the time being his
message of fundamentalist jihad just resonates more than ours with the
average American (yes, American: a politician like Bush would never
get elected in Europe where the average citizen is a bit less
vulnerable to advertising and listens a bit more to what is actually
said). It is up to us to change that.
I think our friend Mike has a very valid point when he calls for a
fact check: most people just disagree with us. Again, it is up to us
to change that. A way is not to limit ourselves to preaching to the
converted, but also engage in debate with those who disagree.