[extropy-chat] No Joy in Mudville

Brian Lee brian_a_lee at hotmail.com
Thu Nov 4 22:20:08 UTC 2004

I think the anti-Gay spans parties too. The percentages in favor of the
anti-Gay marriage acts in the 11 states included dems and repubs. This is
why Kerry wouldn't come out in favor of gay marriage.

I think this can be attributed to the fact that lots of Americans are
anti-homosexual, don't approve of their "lifestyle" and don't want to allow
same sex marriage.

As to why this is? My guess is religious roots as it's not really very
logical.

I favor someone else on this list who suggested that the gov't get out of
the marriage business altogether and only allow civil unions. Then any
marriage is purely non-legal and ceremonial.

I sort of think back 50 years to when civil rights and racism spaned party
lines until the civil rights movements. 50 years from now we'll be looking
back in shock at how backwards we were.

BAL