[extropy-chat] No Joy in Mudville

Brian Lee brian_a_lee at hotmail.com
Thu Nov 4 23:20:58 UTC 2004

I was suggesting that marriage no longer be a legal arrangement, but a
social one only. Then civil unions would take the place of marriage but
would not have the cultural/religious heterosexual element to them.

The government would then recognize civil unions for tax purposes, power of
attorney, etc but not marriage.

BAL