[extropy-chat] Extropian Scorecard

Emlyn emlynoregan at gmail.com
Fri Nov 5 03:04:13 UTC 2004

On Thu, 4 Nov 2004 13:15:14 -0500, natashavita at earthlink.net
<natashavita at earthlink.net> wrote:
> Hi Patrick,
>
> I am a non-party voter, and at the moment, I do not have much to say on
> this.  But to answer your questino, I suppose one way of looking at it is
> that President Bush would be more aggressive toward protecting the U.S. and
> its citizens against terrorism.

Building bigger walls around nations is just never going to be
extropic. Also, ponder why the walls are necessary in the first place.
Realpolitik has long term consequences demonstrated amply by the
situation the US finds itself in right now.

Some walls are undoubtedly necessary to keep the barbarians out. You
guys could really do with a government that would also consider
talking to the barbarians and finding out what they want; quite
possibly, sacking your citadel is only a means to an end. Is it
possible that this end might be a lot easier to live with than big
walls?

--
Emlyn

http://emlynoregan.com   * blogs * music * software *