[extropy-chat] No Joy in Mudville

Mike Lorrey mlorrey at yahoo.com
Fri Nov 5 19:00:51 UTC 2004

--- Patrick Wilken <Patrick.Wilken at Nat.Uni-Magdeburg.DE> proves that
even he can write past others in saying:

> Wow. Huge amount of verbiage on this issue. I think people are
> talking past each other. As I see it there are too propositions:
>
> 1. Government should not be involved in marriage.
> 2. All people should be given equal rights in eyes of the law.
>
> Most people who support gay marriage are trying to fix No. 2, and may
> or may not think No. 1 is either a problem or perhaps changeable.
> Mike and others believe that its better to any more involvement with
> the government even if this means that certain people will not have
> the same rights as others.

No, once more, stop saying things that are not true. I, and others,
believe that everyone will have the same rights as everyone else once
we get government once and for all out of regulating, controlling, or
otherwise providing benefits to marriage. Solving (1) solves (2). You
can solve (2) either buy doing (1) or by increasing the tyranny of
government even more than it already is tyrannical. Those who support
the tyrannical route are statists, whether they are gay or not.

=====
Mike Lorrey
                                      -William Pitt (1759-1806)