[extropy-chat] No Joy in Mudville

Sahyinepu sahynepu at concentric.net
Fri Nov 5 18:07:51 UTC 2004

Don't like it, don't see it in the theaters, change the television
station, don't accept the invitation to the wedding.  I am celibate and
absolutely hate it when people all but have outright sex in
public...you know the but grabbing, french kissing, PG13 crap they pull
anywhere and everywhere..I don't want to ban human breeders though.
But I must admit, setting up live traps to catch humans in bars and
churches and then sterilizing them is a humorous idea of mine.

Point is, there are aspects in society that most anyone would find
offensive...most of us are mature enough to look the other way.  The
exception to that would be when one group wants to limit the ability of
one group to express itself, even when such expression does not
directly harm them.  Like say, religious folks trying to ban gay
marriage.  Gays marrying does not harm them directly at all.  Any more
than horny as hell straight couples al but breeding in front of me
harms me directly.  It just pisses me off.

Sah