[extropy-chat] Extropian Scorecard

natashavita at earthlink.net natashavita at earthlink.net
Fri Nov 5 20:54:01 UTC 2004

From: Patrick Wilken

"But surely its obvious that's he's failed? The whole situation is Iraq
is in a terrible state don't you agree? Don't you think that the
invasion of a country that had neither any involvement in 9/11 OR had
any weapons of mass destruction (i.e., had neither attacked the US or
the means to do so) has simply lead to date to +1100 US deaths, 10x US
causalities, 100x Iraq deaths, 1000x Iraqi casualties and much less
safety for America."

No, it is not obvious that he failed.  I am not defending him, I am being
objective. History does not come in seconds, or moments.  We may not know
for some time in what ways Bush failed, or how severely he failed for some
time.  Regardless, judging whether or not he failed needs to be looked at
from more than one perspective because there are many different areas in
which he could have succeeded or failed, not just one.  It is clear,
however, that he failed in the eyes of many Americans, and the world.  But,
again, what constitutes winning or failing at this type of war game - I do
not know.

"In no way has Bush protected America. So how is this possibly Extropian?"

I did not say he would be more protective or that he is Extropian. I did
say that he was more aggressive than Kerry and more willing to do whatever
it takes. One thing I suppose you could say is that he is following his own
course, which relates to his level of individuality, and from that angle.

>  He also says he wants to reform taxation.

"If he was cutting spending perhaps this would be true. But I recently
read that the US today has $100 billion less revenue and $400 billion
more expenditure than when Bush took on office. Tax reform without
limiting spending is just stupid."

I don't know about that, but it seems to be weak-minded.  I heard on the
news this morning that he wants to privatize social security.  What do you
think about that?

"So I am still no closer to finding out why anyone calling themselves
and Extropian would vote for Bush."

I don't think you will get any closer my dear. -:)  By the way, I don't
think anyone needs to justify who and what they vote for, and I don't think
it is open minded to judge people so loosely.

One think I know for sure is that people are complex creatures and trying
to fit them all in a fenced yard never works.  Unlike chattel, people do
not like to be herded and labeled.

Natasha