[extropy-chat] Delusions of Hypocrisy

Hara Ra harara at sbcglobal.net
Sat Nov 6 20:06:46 UTC 2004

Sorry. Inconsistency, Incompleteness and Hypocrisy are separate and
definite terms.

The world of human discourse is Inconsistent, permitting contradictory
statements. Hypocrisy is about an inconsistency between what one says to
others and one's personal beliefs. There is also the implication that being
hupocritical proides some gain to the uttereer, sliding into the world of
spin and deception. This is human motive, not a part of formal mathematical
systems.

At 10:12 AM 11/6/2004, you wrote:
>"Al Brooks" <kerry_prez at yahoo.com>
>
>>unfortunately directness does not
>>mean lack of hypocrisy
>
>With talk like that you could almost give hypocrisy a bad name. If by
>hypocritical you mean having beliefs that are inconsistent then yes, we are
>all hypocrites; but by the same token, in 1930 Godel showed that even
>arithmetic was hypocritical. I don't want to brag but I think most of the
>time most of my beliefs are usually more consistent than not. Who could ask
>for anything more?
>
>John K Clark     jonkc at att.net

=   Hara Ra (aka Gregory Yob)    =
=     harara at sbcglobal.net       =