[extropy-chat] Fleeing Bush's America?!?

BillK pharos at gmail.com
Sun Nov 7 18:24:43 UTC 2004

On Sun, 7 Nov 2004 10:00:54 -0800 (PST), Stephen Van_Sickle wrote:

> Just out of curiosity, just where could you possibly
> emmigrate that would not be the same on these issues
> or likely worse?  Or was this to just be a futile
> gesture of disapproval?  At least there is some logic
> to lefties wanting to go to Canada, since it does seem
> more in line with what they want.

Well it is certainly not England.
We are not even allowed to have a big stick as a weapon. And even just
bad-mouthing someone can get you arrested. (Depending on exactly which
words you used). Teachers are not allowed to touch pupils if they want
to restrain them when  they are behaving badly. And they definitely
don't touch them in a friendly manner in case they are accused of
inappropriate touching (implying paedophile tendencies).
You are not permitted to chase youths that cause damage to your garden
or car. All you can do is ask them to stop it, or call the police (who
might well not bother to turn up as it is not serious enough). If you
strike them to chase them away, you are the one who will be arrested
for causing actual bodily harm.

This is turning in to a rant. I'd better stop it now.  :)

BillK