[extropy-chat] (no subject)

Al Brooks kerry_prez at yahoo.com
Mon Nov 8 00:56:25 UTC 2004

We underestimate how potent the urge is to promote one's genetic posterity; and yet again Bush was under-estimated, Bush was depicted by his opponents in both the 2000 & 2004 elections as a dim frat-boy. Well, when you take into account that he is set for life and is provided with probably the best health care money can buy, then maybe we should all be dim frat boys (or dim sorority sisters). If Bush is 'dim' he is dim like a fox. So when Jeb Bush runs against Hillary in 2008 are we going to underestimate him, too?
Jeb Bush pretty much declared in code he will run for the presidency in 2008. Fifteen days before the last election Jeb said he will definitely not attempt to be a presidential candidate in 2008, qualifying the statement with the explanation that he wants to finish his term as governor of Florida. However since his term as governor ends the beginning of 2006 he has plenty of time to run for president after he leaves the governor's mansion. Jeb added unhelpfully how he wants to keep his "options open".

headline: "Beheadings On Rise Around The World"