[extropy-chat] Extropian Scorecard

BillK pharos at gmail.com
Mon Nov 8 19:01:15 UTC 2004

On Mon, 8 Nov 2004 10:33:27 -0800 (PST), Mike Lorrey wrote:

> The dollar sell-off has resumed amid fears among traders that Mr Bush's
> victory will bring four more years of widening US budget and current
> account deficits, heightened geopolitical risks and a policy of "benign
> neglect" of the dollar.
>
> However, the market has been rife with rumours that the latest wave of
> selling has been led by foreign governments seeking to cut their
> exposure to US assets.
>
> India and Russia have reportedly been selling US assets, as well as
> petrodollar-rich Middle Eastern investors.

Nothing personal, Mike. It's just free market trading.
If you can sell your dollar assets now and move the money into euros,
then you benefit from  the euros rising in value against the dollar
AND you can buy the US assets back in a few years time at half-price.

Sounds like a really good deal to me. I just wish I had some US assets
to sell. :)

BillK