[extropy-chat] Enlightenment and the election

BillK pharos at gmail.com
Tue Nov 9 20:17:16 UTC 2004

On Tue, 9 Nov 2004 12:01:08 -0800 (PST), Mike Lorrey wrote:

> When I talk with my Seattle friends, it is rather offensive to hear the
> vituperative language they use towards Bush, the 'facts' they claim to
> have seen on their local media. It is clear they are enclaved to a
> significant degree, mentally as much as anything. Their vacations to
> 'the country' are to Sun Valley, Lake Chelan, and Whistler, BC: i.e.
> isolated liberal resort enclaves.

Agreed.
Try reading Tom Wolfe, on the elite that got lost in middle America
<http://www.timesonline.co.uk/article/0,,2089-1347653,00.html>
'Talk to someone in Cincinnati? Are you crazy?'. . .
and so the Democrats blew it

Or,
<http://www.timesonline.co.uk/article/0,,2089-1347656,00.html>
"The future is Republican -
Bush has policies that could keep his party in power for decades,
says Michael Barone"

I think they are telling it like it is.

BillK