[extropy-chat] 'Unskilled jobs to go in 10 years'

Max M maxm at mail.tele.dk
Tue Nov 9 22:39:06 UTC 2004

Damien Broderick wrote:

> The prediction is based on the growth in "outsourcing" manufacturing
> and sales jobs abroad to economies where staff are hired at a fraction
> of the cost.

A cannot really see anything good about outsourcing. Shure we can get
stuff cheaper. But it is acheived by people working for less money. Not
by people working more efficiently. So it is a net loss.

Furthermore if we "rationalise" by using cheaper labor we will not get
the benefits of automation, as there will be less motivation to automate.

--

hilsen/regards Max M, Denmark

http://www.mxm.dk/
IT's Mad Science