[extropy-chat] Enlightenment and the election

Mike Lorrey mlorrey at yahoo.com
Tue Nov 9 23:14:34 UTC 2004

--- Kevin Freels <cmcmortgage at sbcglobal.net> wrote:

> Mike, I've been wanting to ask you...What is your take on NH? Why do
> you think it went to Kerry?

a) Kerry bussed in 25,000 "campaign workers" on election day.
b) 15% of voters registered on election day (we are just starting that
investigation, which may result in prosecutions all the way to the top)
c) Kerry is from Massachusetts
d) Vermont's Howard Dean built up a lot of support here which
translated to Kerry
e) The Democrats created an illegal unregistered PAC called the "Clean
Ballot Project" whose sole aim was to keep all serious third party
candidates off the ballot. They kept the Constitution Party off, they
kept almost all of the LPNH candidates off, and nearly kept Nader off
but he had more money and better lawyers and exposed the scam, which
the media never reported on. The dems sent teams of people to the homes
of petition signers to strong arm them into recinding their signatures.
They wanted to give anti-war voters only one choice: Kerry.
f) the media never reported on any of the other democrat dirty tricks
and criminal activities here in this election.

Ultimately, NH is one of the best educated states, and Bush's down home
persona suffered the same ignorant snobbery you see so much of on this
list. There was a lot of ticket splitting this year, as GOP candidates
Charlie Bass, Jeb Bradley, and Judd Gregg were reelected to US Congress
and Senate, but Bush lost by less than 10,000 votes out of 670,000
cast, with 98,000 new registrants on election day. He could have asked
for a recount if he wanted. I imagine that he'd pick up a good number
of votes just because the less literate vote more for Bush and might
have difficulty filling out the circle on the ballot.

=====
Mike Lorrey
                                      -William Pitt (1759-1806)