[extropy-chat] Cramer on Afshar

Reason . reason at longevitymeme.org
Fri Nov 12 20:17:57 UTC 2004

From: Damien Broderick <thespike at satx.rr.com>
Date:  Fri, 12 Nov 2004 13:51:02 -0600

>John Cramer (who devised the Transactional Interpretation of QT) writes on
>the Afshar QT experiments in the latest ANALOG:
>
>http://www.analogsf.com/0412/altview.shtml

That's very interesting. I recall giving a presentation on Cramer's TI to my department a good few years ago now. They were very sniffy - in particular, noting that current cosmology placed strong constraints on the amount of time-reversed (advanced? retarded? I can never remember which is which) radiation that could exist in the universe. I was in no way qualified to discuss this assertion, being a simple stellar mechanic by trade in those days. Of course, cosmology is and has been moving very fast, so this objection based on cosmological models may no longer be useful or valid.

Reason
Founder, Longevity Meme