[extropy-chat] Seth and other nonsense

Damien Broderick thespike at satx.rr.com
Mon Nov 15 05:54:42 UTC 2004

Hi Walter

At 01:49 PM 11/15/2004 +0800, you wrote:

>As I said, I am still not sure who will be right eventually.

That's all very well, but the question remains: why are you posting this
kind of thing on the extropy list, where almost everyone works from the
assessment that Seth and such sources are mind-deadening nonsense? (Hara Ra
might be an exception in this widespread opinion.) Do you feel the same way
about creationism, for example, or vitalism, or personal guardian angels,
and if you did would you be posting about it to extropy-chat? There's a
thin line between honest open-minded questioning and trolling.

Damien Broderick