[extropy-chat] Complex Adaptive Systems

natashavita at earthlink.net natashavita at earthlink.net
Mon Nov 15 22:51:12 UTC 2004

As many of you know, I am back in school getting an MS while I prepare for
a PhD program.

This week, we have been talking about complex adaptive systems, and their
use by futurists in understanding and explaining "accelerating change)
(FM-2030 term).  I have spent the greater portion of the day goggling CAS
and looking for the next steps of this theory and practice, not just in
relation to complexity, but also other areas of change.  Haven't found
anything.

While biology is an appropriate and well-seasoned metaphor/analogy to use,
could it be overused?  Because I do not believe in stasis, I wonder what
has evolved out of complexity theory, cybernetics and CAS.

Does anyone have ideas?

Thanks,
Natasha