[extropy-chat] COMP: Distributed Computing

Kevin Freels cmcmortgage at sbcglobal.net
Wed Nov 17 22:31:37 UTC 2004

A year or so ago I joined in the folding at home distributed computing project. I have been out for some time, but I thought I would check back in on it.

I stumbled across "World Community Grid" that is doing the Human Proteome Folding Project. It seems like a similar project. I also found genome at home, and Einstein at home . Then I found Xgrid, Lifemapper, and a host of others.

So now I have to decide. Which one of these is the most worthy? My first instinct is to go with folding at home and/or genome at home, but the World Community Grid seems to have a lot of backing and may move along faster.

Does anyone have any input to offer on this?