What makes one a libertarian?/was Re: [extropy-chat] Rand

Hara Ra harara at sbcglobal.net
Thu Nov 18 05:37:18 UTC 2004

Well, I am registered as one. How - ever, I can't say I fully agree with
them. Some issues are:

1) Very strange folk who become Lib candidates. Not very palatable, just
other parties are at least as bad.
2) No real way to deal with people who are hurt enough to need some
assistance, during some parts of my life, welfare and soc security were a
godsend, albeit inadequate.
3) Lib and Anarchy both presume rational people and decision making. Nice
ideal, but unreal.

TechnoT said:

>Well, that question presupposes that something non-logical must make
>people libertarians -- like a traumatic experience.  Isn't it possible
>that some libertarians might just be libertarian because they believe
>the idea to be sound, logical, and better than the alternatives?

=   Hara Ra (aka Gregory Yob)    =
=     harara at sbcglobal.net       =
=   Alcor North Cryomanagement   =
=   Alcor Advisor to Board       =