[extropy-chat] Yehuda Yudkowsky, 1985-2004, Greg's Project

Giu1i0 Pri5c0 pgptag at gmail.com
Fri Nov 19 06:58:25 UTC 2004

Morris,
I am so sorry to hear about your wife.
Now on your son's schoolwork:
These is an example of "intelligent objection" to transhumanism, but I
think it indicates just lack of imagination. It is like a medieval
person objecting to future traveling in a few hours to everywhere on
the planet, like "it will eliminate the long journey toward the Holy
Grail, the quest, the long lonely months on the road to reach the
destination, ...". Indeed it does, but it is our way of travelling, we
are used to it, and we have enough other interesting quests to fill
our lives.
Our posthuman childred will quickly become used to whatever magic
technology will bring them, find ways to cope with it, and find new
interesting things to do with their lives.
G.