[extropy-chat] Yehuda Yudkowsky, 1985-2004

Hara Ra harara at sbcglobal.net
Sat Nov 20 03:32:22 UTC 2004

Well, personally I am a cryonicist. I was appalled at the low number of
extropians who have signed up.

If I ever get a chance to do something more about this, I will certainly
tell the list about it.

At 10:17 AM 11/19/2004, Adrian Tymes wrote:
>It is probably no condolence that there will be many
>more - *far* too many more - before we finish
>implementing a way around it.  But at least there is
>a way to calculate it: multiply this tragedy by the
>several million (billion?) between now and then, and
>one starts to appreciate the magnitude of the horror
>we seek to strike down.
>
>I wonder if this is something like the fictional
>Cthuluoid horrors: a terror so deep and profound that
>most people can't even acknowledge it, but just go
>ever so slowly insane trying to deal with it.  (Like,
>say, by inventing a God that causes death and then
>believing in God despite all evidence to the
>contrary.)

=   Hara Ra (aka Gregory Yob)    =
=     harara at sbcglobal.net       =
=   Alcor North Cryomanagement   =