[extropy-chat] FWD [forteana] Re: No CNN reports of Wormsign in Iraq Iss yet

Mike Lorrey mlorrey at yahoo.com
Sun Nov 21 19:23:55 UTC 2004

Hebert, long before his death, disputed any associations between the
spice melange and petroleum oil. The middle east is not the only
location for oil, merely one of the cheapest (and most of that is the
sour crudes that are more expensive to refine than the sweet crudes of
the north sea, Nigeria, and Venezuela).

Nor was the spice an energy source, it was merely a key to interstellar
navigation, much as the GPS system of satellite based navigation we use
today: you can use other methods, but they are much more difficult to
use and more fraught with risk.

=====
Mike Lorrey
                                      -William Pitt (1759-1806)