[extropy-chat] Hello again...

Giu1i0 Pri5c0 pgptag at gmail.com
Thu Nov 25 07:56:26 UTC 2004

Welcome back Dirk. You will find that many posters on the WTA list,
with some notable exceptions of course, also post here.
You will not get kicked out of here for not being a libertarian: I am
not one, and I am still welcome.
I think what triggered angry reactions from a few people on the WTA
list was that some of your statements could have been interpreted as
supporting racism. Having read what you write on the Consensus
website, I don't think you are really a racist (now, please correct me
if I am wrong:-).
I plan to wake from cryonic sleep as soon as some specific technical
options will be available, for example backing up one's mind to disk.
I am sure that in a world with that kind of technology, it will be
easy to choose the color of one's skin. Myself, I think I will go for
pale green. Why? No special reason, just that it is one of my favorite
colors. I would also like to have wings and a suitable muscular
structure to support them. Last but not least, I wish to have largely
increased emphatic understanding of other's points of view.
I find it difficult to understand why some of us attach so much
importance to some small variations in the physical and cultural
makeup of today's humans when we all (claim to) advocate a posthuman
future with exponentially increased options for physical and cultural
diversity.
G.