[extropy-chat] Not Just Rednecks for Bush

Giu1i0 Pri5c0 pgptag at gmail.com
Thu Nov 25 08:10:02 UTC 2004

Very true Hal, but the future is never 100% sure, so perhaps we should
say "if" instead of "once". The declared intent of the fundamentalist
christian wing of the US administration is to prevent these changes
from becoming actual opportunities. The only thing that can help is
the limited power of the federal government to overrule decisions of
individual states, so Washington can not (or perhaps I should say not
yet) revoke things like the Californian stem cell initiative.
They are not stupid: they know that your statement quoted below is
evidently true, and they will do their best to prevent these changes
from becoming actual opportunities.
G.