[extropy-chat] Atheists launch inquisition...

Mike Lorrey mlorrey at yahoo.com
Sat Nov 27 00:05:43 UTC 2004

--- Samantha Atkins <sjatkins at mac.com> wrote:

> How so?  The Simulation Argument says such may be possible.  But "may
> be or is possible" is not a sufficient ground for believing "it is
> so".

On the contrary, the SA says that the odds of us living in a simulation
universe are very much greater than that we live in a non-simulation
universe. A non-simulation universe would be one without a
creator-god-metasysop-uberhacker. Ergo, an atheist believes what he/she
believes in spite of odds to the contrary, thus believes in the
practically impossible.

Secondly, that the atheist believes in an impossible proof (a proof
that claims that no god exists, when it is impossible to prove a
negative), demonstrates that atheists have an unfounded faith in two
degrees of impossibility.

=====
Mike Lorrey
                                      -William Pitt (1759-1806)